Update: The seminar is now full and registration is closed.
1325 Network in Finland, Finnish Asia Europe People’s Forum AEPF, The Finnish NGO Foundation for Human Rights KIOS, Gender Studies/University of Helsinki and Finnish Cultural Foundation funded Scraps of Hope collective are organising a seminar: Peace Agreements +10 years – Women and Post-Conflict Realities which will address gender and women’s issues in post-conflict settings. Focus of the discussions will be on the current developments in the field of “women, peace and security” and the role of civil society in the peace processes in Aceh, Indonesia and Nepal.
Time: Tuesday 10th November, 2015 at 1-4.45 PM
Venue: Eurooppasali (Malminkatu 16, Helsinki, accessible entrance)
Confirmed speakers of the seminar:
- Elisabeth Rehn, Chairperson for the Board of Directors at the Trust Fund for Victims, Member of the Advisory Group for 1325 Global Study, Finland
- Bandana Rana, Executive Chair of Saathi Nepal, Coordinator of Nepalese 1325 Action Group, Member of the Advisory Group for 1325 Global Study, Nepal
- Eka Srimulayani, Professor at the State Islamic University Ar Raniry, Banda Aceh, Indonesia
- Anita Kelles-Viitanen, Chairperson of the Finnish AEPF Network, Finland
- Élise Féron, University Researcher, Docent, TAPRI Peace Research Institute, University of Tampere, Finland
- Pilar Domingo, Research Fellow, Overseas Development Institute, UK
- Tiina Kukkamaa-Bah, Executive Director, Political Parties of Finland for Democracy (Demo Finland), Finland
- And video greetings by Renu Rajbhandari, Executive Chair of Worec Nepal and Chair National Alliance of Women Human Right Defenders, Nepal
More detailed programme will follow and will be updated on this page closer to the seminar.
The language of the event is English. Coffee and small snacks will be served.
Event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1656625037919712/